Thursday 3 January 2013

2 Jan 2013 ,Mthatha, South Africa



 
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

Sorry I wasn't able to email on Monday! We searched and searched and searched and the email shops were closed, and the 2 we found that were open didn't have internet! So we are now emailing today! It was so nice to call home! To see everyone again! I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year!

 

Thanks for making my Christmas awesome! I'm so happy that the skyped worked as well as it did! I'm sorry that you weren't able to see me for the last hour. When mom mentioned not to change anything so that it wouldn't mess anything up, I got the exact same impression, then immediately pushed it out of my head thinking everything would be fine. Then once everything was messed up, I realized that she was listening to the spirit. So once everything was messed up and I couldn't see you and you couldn't see me, I said a quick, solid prayer that I would be able to see you guys for the short time I had left. Next thing I knew once I opened my eyes, your video started to work and I could see you, but for some reason you could not see me. I immediately said a prayer of gratitude and was able to enjoy the rest of the time seeing everyone! That was awesome! I love that Heavenly Father is willing to answer even the smallest little prayers of His children! Strengthened my testimony!

 It was so nice to see and talk to Oma and Opa and Grandma and Grandpa! I love them so much! And It was nice to see Aaron and Kim again! It's been a while since I've heard from them... Too bad it couldn’t' of work with Anona and Riley cause they were away, but that's alright! There's always Mothers Day!

 
Dad, I remember asking before but I can't remember the answer you gave me. I know you sent me that Priesthood Line of Authority a few months ago, and I have it printed out and everything, but how can I get my own updated one that has my name on it? I'd really like to have my own a.s.a.p.

 This week has been hectic when it comes to missionary work. Everyone is busy or away because of the holidays. We haven't had too much success, but our recent convert convinced her sister to sit in a lesson with us, and we were able to teach her the first lesson. Then her niece (20's) sat in also and listened. Now they are both reading the Book of Mormon and one even came to church! So that was awesome!
 
On Christmas the Branch President's wife made us a feast and brought it to our flat for us to eat! Oh man that was alot of food! Then on New Years, they did the same thing! So much food!!! So we are working on eating all of that now. On New Year’s day we weren't allowed to leave the flat at all, so the day before, Elder Van Zyl bought Risk and we played like 4 games of Risk (They ganged up on me every time... I must have been playing well) and we also played soccer and stuff just outside. It was fun!

 
First day in over a year that I didn't put on my white shirt and tie! Also it was my companion's Birthday on New Years, so we had cake and stuff. We now have 4 cakes in our fridge because of 2 birthdays and both of those meals the Branch President gave us came with a cake! So much food! I like it!


My tan is coming along. I'll show an update of my watch tan. It's coming! I'm out of time for today! But I love you all! I am still waiting for those packages in the mail, but we are going to go check today to see if they are here.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!

-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment