Wednesday 23 January 2013

23 Jan 2013 city of Mthatha, South Africa


Mom and Dad,

Good morning! (That is the way I greet everyone no matter what time of the day it is!)

Thanks for the email update of the fam jam! I'm glad everyone had a blast at Grandma and Grandpa's! I still can't get over the fact that Ben is home! Time just zooms by! It's insane! I have not yet received my package... We have post in the mail right now, on its way to Mthatha from the Office, so it might be in that, but if not I'm going to call the office and see what’s what... I have a strange feeling like they sent my package to the wrong Elder Jones in the field... so we'll see... It would be really nice to get it though! I'm dying with anticipation for my Christmas package! I'm super super grateful that the memory card with all of the video's on it came in when it did on Christmas eve! That was incredible! What a blessing!


You had a concern whether I am eating healthily. I think I am! Yesterday I made mashed potatoes, creamed corn, and canned beans. I have eggs most days for breakfast, and usually I will have a tuna sandwich or something for lunch. I do need to eat more veggies, but I'm doing alright with fruit having at least one apple a day.

This week was transfer week!!!
 
Also with transfers, Elder Dolben and Elder Van Zyl left, and Elder Taylor and Elder Bullock (both from Utah) came into our district. Elder Taylor is like 6 foot 4 inches and is elder Radebe's companion. Elder Bullock is like 5 foot 9 inches and is my companion. He is awesome! Thanks for everything! There are some pics of the Share Box Challenge! Gotta run!
-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment