Tuesday 3 July 2012

2 July 2012 in Knysna, South Africa.



Hi Mom and Dad!
It's good to hear you had a good weekend! Have fun at the parade today! I'm jealous of the weather there! Sounds amazing! It's a little cooler here, but the summer here is going to be a roaster. Thanks for sharing about the Sunday school lesson dad! Ammon was a sweet missionary! He is often referred to and studied for our district meetings and Zone training meetings!
Man I love the Gospel! I'm studying “Jesus the Christ” right now and it's so awesome! I also have some talks that go into some deep doctrine! I love it! I love you dad!
Don't worry about your letter being short this week mom! It's ok! I had some other long letters from other family members so my time is taken up anyways! Thank you for emailing me! You are the best mom ever! I'm glad that you were able to be with family this weekend! I'm also glad to hear that you are really busy too! It's a blessing you know! Good luck on your exam this Wed! You'll do great! I'm glad that the police report worked out well! Thank you so much for doing that! I love you mom! Enjoy the package I sent. You should get it this week or the next week! 
Now to fill you in with last week’s events.
First … HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!
Wish I could be there with everyone! Enjoying the festivities! Driving around town throwing water balloons! Seeing the Raymond High School Marching band! Getting a tan! Swimming and Wake boarding! Fireworks! Good times! I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer before I can experience that again... You don't realize how much you'll miss something until you are actually gone... but that's ok! I don't want to be home right now anyways! I'm in Knysna! So there! Take that! Paha! Just kidding!
 ya... this week was alright! Had a few really powerful investigators at church! It's 2 couples who aren't married yet, from Malawi, but want to be baptized so badly, that they separated from each other so that they could get baptized! Both couples want to get married, and are going to, but they don't want to wait till they are married to get baptized, so the girls are going to stay in a house in the township, and the guys are going to stay together in town. That is what I call, true conversion to the gospel! One couple even has a child together, but baptism is just so important to them! Keeping the commandments, is just number one! That is so cool! So we are working with them! And they should be baptized August 5th! So that's awesome!

I have attached some pictures of Knysna, and the township there. For some reason the township is on the top of the hills, while the Town is by the water. The township has a nice view though! And one of those pics is the view that we have from our boarding (apartment)! So it’s pretty sweet!
We are going to Ado Elephant Park this Wednesday! So that is going to be so awesome! I'll take alot of pictures! And next Monday ill send some! I'm still doing great here in South Africa!
Time is flying by! I'm just over 6.5 months on mission! What?!?! ya it's crazy!
 Take Luck! Sala kakuhle! (Goodbye)
-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment