Thursday 26 July 2012

24th July 2012 in the city of Knysna South Africa

Mom and Dad,
I am so grateful for the protection that Heavenly Father has blessed all of us with! He truly does answer prayers! And thank you for letting me know everything. I have learnt more than ever, that trials and challenges aren't things that are to mourn over or to view as a consequence, but are to be taken as a challenge to be overcome and to learn from! I can learn from all situations or circumstances which I have gone through! For it will be for my learning and benefit... KIM HAS BRACES?!?! Interesting I'm out of time I love you both!!!
Now to fill you in of my last week.
First off, sorry I couldn't email yesterday... We were in a rush and all I had time to do was to email president Wood. We went to Mosselbaai with the George Elders for P-Day, so we had to leave as soon as possible! We had a Braai (aka BBQ) on the Ocean Front in Mosselbaai! Cooked up all sorts of meat! Chicken, steak, sausage, ribs! Twas awesome! And beautiful! So that was why I couldn't email...
But this week was sweet! Our stats surpassed our goals on almost everything! And our days are filled with appointments! It's really nice to see the blessings from obedience! On Thursday, the Zone Leaders, Elder Pack and Elder Acton, came to have exchanges with us! I went with Elder Acton and I had a blast and was reminded of some very important things that I needed to start doing again! Sometimes Missionaries tend to get in a rut and just have a certain specific way they work, but tend to miss other important things! So it was a good reminder for me! And we made a fort that night to sleep in! So that was sweet!
The pictures are of the fort and of mosselbaai and the braai!
Oh ya! When we were done braaing and had cleaned up, we were about to drive away, but this fellow came up and said, "Can you guys please convince my Uncle to not drive, he's drunk." so Elder Shuward (spelling?) and I went over to the small truck and started talking to the guy. This guy was utterly and entirely wasted! His mouth and teeth were green, we couldn't understand a single word coming from his mouth because he was slurring his words so much (and speaking Afrikaans...) and he could barely stand up! So we just talked with him and repeated over and over that he needed to get out of the car and into the passenger seat! Eventually we convinced him and he got out and gave the keys to his nephew and got in the passenger side... His nephew was drunk as well, but not even close to as drunk as him... so we may have saved the life of some innocent driver out there that he could have killed! Man he was hammered!
I also got a video of a guy in township who could barely walk because he was so drunk, and fell over once! It's so sad to see these Children of God just destroying their lives, and looking so pathetic because of the stupid worldly things. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have and the blessings that have come from that knowledge! Especially the Word of Wisdom! What a blessing!
I love missionary life! It's awesome! I love everyone who is supporting me! A couple weeks ago I got a package from Aunt Terri! Thank you! And thank you Grandma and Grandpa for your support! I love you all!!! Not just these few I mentioned, but to everyone who prays for me and emails me and writes me and cares about me! I am so grateful! Take Luck!
-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment