Monday 26 March 2012

25th March 2012, Philippi & Delt area of Cape Town


Hi!!
As for My favorite scripture, I have way too many favorites! I hope this one isn't too long but I really love these few verses! Mosiah 2:20-24! It's Awesome!
Ya you can just send the cd's from General Conference. I’m just going to put them into a cd case thingy that zips up once I get them, so that sounds fine. All of that Church tuneage music is on your terra bite hard drive. I can't remember the exact folder, but I had found it before, in you’re backed up stuff, so it’s in there somewhere! I would really love that music!
 I actually miss the snow... I know that sounds crazy but looking at the pictures makes me miss the snow... Also send me a pic of Kim’s new car! ANONA and RILEY HAVE A HOUSE?!?!?!? THAT’S CRAZY! That so awesome! I'm excited for them! It looks really nice! Where is it? Okotoks? That’s awesome! Also I’m really grateful for all of the snail mail letters. I'm sorry I have not sent anything back yet! I will try to do that this week! I love you all!
I am really short on time this week! But there are definitely a few highlights about this week! One of the biggest highlights is that as we were driving to an appointment, there was a black guy in the township standing on the side of the road and he was wearing a "Vote for Pedro!" Shirt! Oh man that made my week! So awesome!!! I gave him a thumbs up and he thumbs upped me back! Too cool for school! (Those readers that are confused inside joke)
 This week was my last full week with Elder Beck, he goes home on Thursday, and I get a new companion on Wednesday! I am crazy excited! I am not training, thank goodness, and I’m fairly sure that I am staying here in Philippi and Delft, so I just am waiting to know who my new companion is! Woot!!! I'm super excited! I really hope I’m not killing another missionary, because that would kill me! We I'm just stoked for transfers! I am so grateful for all the support I get every week! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa! I appreciate it! By the way my toe is all healed up for anyone who was wondering... Back to normal!
 
People use the internet on computers in the Internet Cafe. Large storage box.
Did service this week, we scraped and sanded Bishop's Internet Café shop so that another day we can paint it! That was kinda fun! dusty...
Thats Sister Bishop in the picture by the door, and all the other elders helping scrape and sand the Container down! I'm taking the picture... It was super sketchy having my camera out in the open in the middle of the township! But I didn't get mugged! Woot!


The area has actually being progressing well these past couple weeks! Anda, a 17 yr old investigator, came to church this week which is awesome, and he is progressing super fast! He is definitely getting baptized in April, we just don't have a date set for him yet... Sister Sibiya is also progressing alright, she just can't understand the old english that the Book of Mormon is written in... so I might just have to go out of my way and order a Xhosa Book of Mormon for her... Then  Blessing and Munashe are doing really really good! They are for sure getting baptized on the 15th of April! I'm stoked!!!!
We have been focusing a lot of our time and labour, as we have been directed, on less-actives and Recent converts... That type of work is probably the most frustrating, because you put so much work in, and a lot of time they don't pick up and go to church... but we still try and try! We have had good success with one member who hasn't been to church in years and he has been there for 3 weeks in a row now!!! Which is awesome! because our ward is in desperate need of priesthood holders!
 The weather is still hot and I’m still loving it! Although when I see pictures of back home and my family quadding, I do miss the snow... but I'll see snow the rest of my life! I may as well enjoy the constant luxury of +20 and up weather! woot! I'm slowly getting a hang of Xhosa language, but I have a long long ways to go! I made muffins this week! and they are delicious! I have them for breakfast every morning! So life is still great!
Woot! OH YAH!!! We had a soccer game this week! Missionaries against the Elders Quorum! Turns out we slaughtered them! 6-3!! That was the first time in history that the missionaries had ever beaten the elder’s quorum in the Khayelitsha ward! Just made history this week! Boom! I was kind of sad though, I was shafted by all the black elders into playing goal keeper for one half then defender for the second half... I only played mid fielder for 10 mins... but oh well! Another time! I'm just stoked to be in a country where they love soccer SO MUCH!!!! Everybody plays soccer!!! It's sweet! I knew I should have brought my soccer cleats... Oh well... maybe I’ll just get a cheap pair here... I love you all! Take care! Cape Town is Awesome!
-Elder Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment