Tuesday 28 May 2013

27th May 2013, Zone Leader, Queenstown, South Africa.


Good morning!!

Thank you for the update with everything!!! You commented on my pictures last week of Burger King. One Elder in our Zone went to the Burger King on the opening day, and the lineup was 4.5 hours long. Crazy! Luckily we only needed to wait an hour. I was going to ask you a question but I can’t remember what it was. Maybe I will remember by the end of this letter.

Well this past week has been really nice! I am really enjoying my time with Elder Mukongoro! After emailing last Monday we went to the Animal reserve on our p-day and saw some springbok and kudu and wildebeest and a tortoise... but i wasn't able to see a rhino... so we will have to go back again sometime... the weather has been warmer this week, but it is still a little chilly outside (but for all of you, you'd say I’m crazy!) It's around +18 today.

This week we have been having some powerful lessons and some cool finding opportunities. We have been struggling with dropped appointments because we didn't have a male present with us to visit sisters, but the lessons we did have this week have been awesome!

We have one investigator who doesn't know much of anything about God or Jesus Christ (which I have never had before because everybody I have met here so far already believes in Jesus Christ) but he grew up knowing about the cultural traditions and about ancestors and what not. So we are teaching him about God and about the Gospel. It's awesome seeing him get so excited about the things we teach him and to see the light bulb turn on in his head when he understands a principle of the gospel. We are also working with some less active people and actually have been able to find a lot of new investigators through less actives. So the work is going very nicely here. We are also getting good relationships with the members in our area. I love Ezibileni!

I went on an exchange with Elder Lund (just started his mission 2 months ago) into Ilinge on Friday, and I learned a lot from him! He's powerful and has such a great desire to learn and to be obedient and to bring souls unto Christ! That was a nice boost for me. I'll send a picture of the Ilinge Chapel, and you can see what we deal with here :)
 
 On Saturday the youth in the ward put on a talent show, and it was really nice to see a bunch of different talents and to see the recent convert in our area so involved with the youth and showing his talents. Sunday was a powerful day with lots of lessons and ending with a Dinner Appointment! Anywho.. that was this week.
 I have seen the hand of the Lord in so many things as I am out doing His work. I am also really enjoying being the Zone Leader here. I love each of the Elders and they are working hard as well! Mission Rocks!!!
 
 I thought by now I would have remembered what it was that I wanted to ask or to say, but I can't remember... Oh well... Maybe it was that I have been making French toast for breakfast lately? Nope, I don't think that is what it was...

Andiase (I don't know).. Well, I need to send a report to president now... Just know that I love you all! Too Much!!! Thanks for everything!!!

-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment