Monday 20 May 2013

20th May 2013 Zone Leader, Queenstown, South Africa


Good Morning!

Well! A lot has happened since my last email! First thanks for emailing me mom and dad! I just really appreciate the love and support you show by sending me an email every week!

 I'm glad to hear that the garden is in! It's lots of work, but it's worth it! I'm starting to learn more about appreciating gardens since I've been on mission! Food is expensive! Why not just grow your own! In the townships here, lots of people live off of their gardens because they literally cannot afford to purchase food. I also have a lot of respect for the hard work that Grandpa puts in to have his huge garden in proper order!

It's interesting being in South Africa. Technology is like 5 years behind us. Touch screen phones are just starting to get big, and they are now going through that blackberry BBM phase that we had years ago. If you want an Iphone, they are there, but super expensive. Anywho...

Well, just so you all know, I am emailing from Queenstown... Turns out I was transferred from Panorama (in Cape Town), to be Zone Leader in Queenstown, the furthest Zone away! I flew out of Cape Town Wednesday afternoon, but in the morning we were able to swing by the first and only (so far) Burger King in South Africa!!!! It has only been open for a couple of weeks and the line was an hour's wait. We waited in line, but it was totally worth it to have Burger King again! It was a nice change...

 Mthatha is in my zone so I will be able to go on exchanges with the Mthatha elders and see my recent converts! Woo!! My companion is Elder Mukongoro, from Kenya, and he goes home at the end of this transfer... Something interesting! You know Morgan Seiban from 7th Ward right? She left before me to serve in Zambia. Well... Elder Mukongoro has a girlfriend who is serving in Zambia right now. He showed me some pictures and as I was looking through the pictures he said, "His girlfriend was trained by a Canadian." Instantly I remembered about Morgan Seiban serving in Zambia and when I flipped the next few pages of pictures over, low and behold there was Morgan Seiban beside his girlfriend! PAHAHAHA!!!! Small world eh? So I saw like 7 or 8 pictures of Morgan with my comp's girlfriend! That was funny! Blew my mind!

 
 Well a lot has changed this week! New area, new companion, new zone, new challenges, new investigators, new members, new ward, new working tactics, new flat, new weather! Speaking of weather, Queenstown is one of the coldest places in South Africa! Usually every year they get some snow! I really hope I am here when it snows!!!! Woo!! That would be awesome! It doesn't snow much though. Just a little bit, but enough to make snow balls!!! I love my area though. My area is called Ezibileni, and is a nice township outside of Queenstown. It is a quite place with lots of potential! The members are really cool as well, and we have a few nice investigators. One investigator committed to baptism yesterday! That was nice! I'm really excited to be working here, but at the same time I do miss Panorama...

Today we are going to be going to the Game reserve here to see some rhino's!!! I really hope we see them! I've wanted to see rhino's my whole mission and apparently there are some there!! Mission is awesome!! I love it too much!!! Time is flying by like crazy though! Just so you know, I will have to wait a week longer for mail because they will have to ship it from Capetown to here... It was nice being in cape town and getting my mail right away, but oh well...

I love you! And I love everyone else for all your support and love and prayers!
Take Luck!

-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment