Monday 1 April 2013

25th Mar 2013 Zone Leader Cape Town


Good morning!   

Thanks for the email! That's interesting that you got my journal entries backwards in the mail. Hmmm... I'm glad you got it though! I'm trying to keep it all up to date but it is so hard! I'll catch up though.

This week was good! To start the week off, right after we finished emailing last Monday, we walked out to our car and turns out we got a parking ticket... :( that was a bummer... R300... so we each had to pay R150... Convert that to $'s and it doesn't seem like much, but in R's it's a lot! That's a week’s groceries! So we won't park there again!

This past week has been really nice! We have been having quite a few appointments with our investigators! Pretty much all of our investigators are either being taught at members homes, or part member families. It is really awesome! We had 8 investigators at church this Sunday and 2 baptisms! I think I neglected to mention this last Monday that we were having baptisms this Sunday. I baptized one and my companion baptized. It turned out to be really nice and the ward was excited about it. The area I'm in has been dead for a long time. All last year there was only 1 baptism, but we have 2 so far and 3 or 4 with baptism dates for the upcoming month! It's exciting! Working with members is the best to help those ready to hear the Gospel.

I baptized the one beside Elder Twitchell
(faces have been darkened for privacy laws)


I went on exchanges with the Durbanville Elders and I was able to spend the whole day biking! That area just got new bikes and it was the second day that they had them, and as we were at the furthest point from the flat, the pedal (the whole arm) just kind of fell off... and so we went to the nearest members house and he didn't have any tools to fix it (socket wrench) so we ended up walking the whole way back to the flat. My butt was so sore after that day! I am almost entirely recovered now. I'm not used to a bike seat! Just a car seat!


 I was also able to go on exchanges with the Milnerton Elders. I went with Elder Ingram and we were able to see a few pretty cool miracles. I'll share one. Some people weren't there for an appointment, so as we were leaving, a girl walked up to us and asked if we were the Mormon missionaries (happeneds a lot!). We said yes and then she said that her parents told her that if she were to ever see them, that they needed to go visit her parents. So we got their details and off we went to go see them. When we got to the house, the people were telling us that they have been looking for missionaries for years. The Father was a member, but less active, and the rest of the family wanted to be baptized! They were all saying that they know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true and that they all want to be a part of it. That was awesome! But the next appointment after that was a complete contrast.

In a different situation, we went to a less-active's house to teach him. And he lives in a little room at the back of another house. When we sat down and prayed, we heard a knock at the door, and the owner of the property asked, "What's going on here?" and we told him that we were missionaries, then he asked if we were Jehovah Witnesses and we said no we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Then he said, "Same thing, you do not have permission to be here, you must leave this property, NOW!" So we got up and left. Big rejection right there! Anywho!





We came upon this accident

This week was a nice one! I really enjoyed it and it seemed to go by slower, even though time is just flying by!

Thank you Aunt Terry for the support! Congrats Jennet on the mission call! I'm so excited for you! You'll have a blast! Thanks for all of the letters and the love that I am constantly receiving from everybody!
Please can anyone of my friends contact Marshall. Still need Marshall to email me :)

I love you all! Take Luck!

-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment