Monday 1 April 2013

1st Apr 2013 Zone Leader Cape Town


SORRY EVERYONE I COULDN’T GET ELDER JONES MAR 25TH LETTER ON LAST MONDAY. IT IS ON NOW AS WELL SO SCROLL DOWN FURTHER. BAPTISM.

HAPPY EASTER!

Sounds like the week was fun with the family getting together for Easter. Thanks for the pics. I love it here so much! And I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do! I'm so excited for conference! Although I won't be watching it for a few more weeks till it comes out on DVD and is sent to us. Thanks for your thoughts about the Atonement! I love the Atonement myself! Its importance is of such great significance that, like dad said, the creation and the existence of all things revolves around the atonement. It is the key to everything! I'm so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and for what Jesus Christ did for all of us! It's mind blowing! Easter is huge here in South Africa! Everybody is out celebrating and partying and holidaying! It's crazy! It's almost bigger than Christmas!

My actual transfer news is that I am staying here in Cape Town as the Cape North Zone Leader, and I am getting an Elder I had in the MTC as my new companion.

Paha! I hope everyone is doing well. Dad I hope the surgery on your eye goes well too. I'll get to email once more before that which is good. I can hardly believe that its almost time to call home again for Mothers Day! That's crazy! Seems like I just called home! Time is sure flying by so fast!

This week was really good. We had 2 confirmations on Sunday of the Two that were baptized last Sunday. We have been having some success with teaching investigators and we have one that should be getting baptized this month. One that was solid just moved back to Port Elizabeth, but the missionaries will keep teaching her there.

My companion, Elder Twitchell, received his news yesterday that he was becoming the new Assistant to the President. So that was cool. It has been raining more lately, which means winter is rolling in. All in all, life is good! I don't have much time, but just know that I am doing very well and I am loving life! I am so grateful for all of the support that I am getting from home, from friends, and from family! Take luck!

-Elder Jones


Came upon a guy with this cap. Had to take a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment