Wednesday 31 October 2012

29th Oct 2012 Knysna, South Africa


Molweni!

Mom and Dad,

 Sounds like you had a nice time with Anona and Riley and with the kids and with ribs!!! If there is anything I need you to send me from home, it's a nice rack of ribs! The way mamma cooks em!

As for shirts or things like that, I don't need any new shirts. I always like to get ties! Honestly there isn't much of anything that I can't get here that I can get at home….. ooo send country time lemonade! :P can't get that here! Please send Reese’s!!! And if at all possible, Caramilk chocolate bars!! Oh and mini eggs!!! I remember telling you a long time ago that I could get mini eggs here... but turns out it was only in a special store in Cape Town where they import... haha! Sorry that all I want is candy... Honestly I don't know what else you could send... really anything I get is like Christmas! That last package you sent through Dear Elder was awesome!
 

 
Well, thanks for the update with everything I love you both so much! Thank you for your prayers and your love! Be safe with all that snow! Thanks for the advice with the journal writing mom. Ya I think I am going to narrow it down, I'm getting better at writing in it also. I'll be sending another one set soon. Ek is baie lief vir jou!

 
Can’t believe it, one more week down already!?! I swear I was just in here typing my last update! The week was a nice one. Again not the most productive because of all the delays and things popping up through the week, but it was still nice. We always have something productive to be doing and someone productive to be seeing.
 
 
 
Wednesday was transfer day, and out of the blue we received a call from the Zone leaders that we are supposed to drive to George and be with the George elders until all the transfer stuff is done... Well it was probably one of the most pointless trips of my mission, but none the less we went to George and chilled with the George Elders until everyone had left and come the way they were supposed to, then we went home... That cut into an hour of our studies and 2 of our appointments... By the way, the picture I sent where my companion is sleeping is on one of these trips to George.
 

Then on Friday we received another call from the 1st counselor in the mission presidency, Elder Fowers, and he said that the George Elders were going to drive a car up to Knysna and that we needed to drive them back to George... so that’s what we did, so that was another trip to George and 3 more appointments missed... Other than that though, the week went nicely.

 
It has been raining all week, but yesterday it cleared up and was really hot, and now today again it is raining... Yesterday we were able to watch the first half of the priesthood conference session in priesthood! That was awesome! Those talks were powerful! I loved them! and we will finish the session next Sunday! I'm stoked! The prophets and Apostles are truly inspired men called of God to lead and guide us!
 People don't do Halloween here. I will just have to knock on my own door and have my companion open it and give me candy! Maybe I'll dress up funny and scare him in the morning... dunno... we'll see... HEEEHEEHEEE!!! (shrieking witch laugh)
 
Also the other picture is of this really awesome Bed and Breakfast shack. That is there in the Township! How cool is that! A shack B&B! I didn't think that could exist, but here in Knysna we can take care of all your travel needs! This is what I would imagine the advertisement to say!
 
 
 
 "Can't afford a B&B in town, we have accommodations for you! For R50 a night, you can enjoy a nice queen size mattress, with satellite TV and a radio if you prefer. The alarm clock goes off every morning whenever the rooster wakes. Breakfast in the morning is either pap and chicken, or rice and chicken, depending on the season, and we even provide an electric kettle for you to boil the water for your bath in the basin out back! Open 7 days a week, and even cater to new men just from the bush! Come and experience the Island Lodge B&B."
That actually sounds kind of inviting, paha! Maybe I should spend a night there! 

 By the way, I still love mission life with all my heart! This is the best thing I could have ever decided to do! I am truly blessed to be able to serve the Lord in this wonderful place! I learn more every day and I can't image a better place to be. I have learnt more on my mission so far than I think I could have learnt in 40 years of my life! It's absolutely amazing and I love every minute! Thanks so much for all the support I constantly get! Once again I apologize for not sending letters back! I'm telling ya, I am really busy! I'm trying! Love ya!

-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment