Monday 27 February 2012

27th Feb 2012 in the Philippi & Delt area of Cape Town

 
Last weeks P-Day

Ice skating with other Elders



 


Hi,

I appreciate the large email! I can't promise I will be able to answer everything but I will try my best to do so with the little time I have to reply! First off, that’s fine about the car... I do want you to know that I am safe. I am thinking about you guys and I appreciate everything you do for me! I love you guys so much!
Regarding the letters… you should not put Cape Town at the bottom. "Observatory" is the city, Cape Town is huge and Observatory is a place within Cape Town. Keep the address the way it is and I will get all your mail! I already have gotten one of your snail mail letters mom, and I might be getting another one today or tomorrow, apparently I have lots of mail this week coming but not for sure yet.
Life of a missionary isn't easy... Sometimes I'm out there trying my best and trying to do as much work possible, but things just don't work out how they were planned and then another day is gone with seemingly no work done... This week was rather tough.. It was our worst week yet for appointments and lessons taught... We had waaaay tooo  many appointments fall through! People hear just can't keep commitments no matter what we do! How do we teach if the people are never there for a return appointment? It's rather frustrating... We have not been able to teach Nomvuyo again yet because she is not keeping any appointments that we set with her... so I don’t know what to do with that one... but Elder Beck and I are still trying! Elder Beck is losing some steam because he goes home in 4 weeks, but he's still doing well compared to some other dying missionaries in our mission. It's hard to believe that it has been 2 and a half months already!!! It's crazy! It's also crazy to think that I'm only a month and a bit younger in the field than Elder Palmer! I feel sorry that he had to go through such a long time in the MTC!
I'm sorry my blogs each week are getting shorter and shorter, but I am having less and less time to write it. I'm just a little jealous at how mild the winter is there! I really miss snowboarding a TON!! But I am going to buy a skateboard and take the trucks and wheels off and go sand boarding one of these days! I'm stoked!!!! I'm just preparing to get a lot of fleas from it though... because apparently fleas like sand... last P-Day we went ice skating and there were like 12 elders there skating and only like 4 of us had ever skated before! (The 4 white guys by the way) and it was hilarious watching all these black guys wipe out and trying to skate! Oh man it was awesome! I'll attach a couple pictures! Let me just repeat one more time how amazing it is to be here and how I love this place so much! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, do anything else! I love this gospel! I love the Scriptures! I love all of you! Yes even you Matt Johnson! I think about all you guys! I don't want to list all the names because I know I mill miss someone, but just know that I am thinking about all you guys! And I got a letter from Roxanne which I loved! Thanks Roxanne! You have one coming back to you! I love you all!
-Elder Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment