Monday 21 October 2013

15 Oct 2013, Assistant to the Mission President, Cape Town South Africa.


Hi Mom and Dad,
 
This is my first opportunity to email in over a week. I will tell you what my problem is and why it's so hard for me to email you. Every time I have an opportunity to email my time is slim with sharing the computer with my companion. We have one computer at the office that we use to do things, and every time we go into the office we spend time doing all of the other things that need to get done so shared time is very limited, then we leave to the area or wherever we need to go. But right now it's half an hour past my bed time and I read through 12 emails that I haven't even been able to see yet.

 
 Thank you so much for all of the pictures and all of the emails! I really appreciate it! I'm sorry I haven't been able to talk to you more... ... but just know that I love you all so much!

 
 Right now I am in Port Elizabeth going on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and the trainers and trainee's here. Last week, all week, I was traveling between East London, Queenstown, and Mthatha doing exchanges all through there... Lot's of driving... I think the worst thing out of being so ridiculously busy is my lack of being able to write letters, email, write in my journal, and even taking pictures!

 
  But I'm focused on the work, and all I want to do is just get lost in the work... I just want to work in an area... I feel like I've grown out of this "missionary" stage... Not that I don't want to be a missionary, or do missionary work. In fact I wish I could just only do missionary work and share the gospel. I can’t wait till I go back out in the field.

 
I really need to go to bed... It's really late... I love you all! Take care! Thanks for the pictures! Looks like those dunes were awesome!!! Love ya! Good night!

 

-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment