Monday 26 August 2013

15th Aug 2013 Assistant to the President, Cape Town, South Africa


I HAVE TO APOLOGIZE I WAS UNABLE TO GET THIS ON ADRIAN’S BLOG
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND ADRIAN DOES NOT HAVE PREP DAYS SO HIS LETTERS ARE SPORATIC

 Hello!

 
Ok, so I have some time now to be able to send something! These past 2 weeks have been very busy. I don't even have p-days anymore... Last week was transfer week so it was very hectic getting all the missionaries in this vast mission to their various areas safely and on time. Lot's of flights that happened. So I'm getting very familiar with airports these days. Also I was able to send Elder Morris to the airport. He was the only Elder going home this transfer.

 

Also this past week we had a Missionary Leadership Counsel at the mission home. So all of the Zone Leaders in the whole mission flew down to the mission home for a 3 day training. So I was really busy with organizing and arranging that all to happen smoothly. We also were able to see a classical concert. There was a pianist named David Glen Hatch and his students who held a concert and it was entirely piano playing, but they are like world class pianists! It was awesome! So we were able to go see that. He is a member from Utah.

 

The rest of this week I have kinda been in the Mission Office a lot doing paper work and updating information and what not... I haven't had much time in my area... Which is a bummer because I love teaching people and working in that sense, but I guess the things I am doing is helping with missionary work anyways... I need to get used to it... but I think next transfer I am going to plan out the transfer better so that I can have more time in the area.

 

Next week I'll be travelling a lot. We are going to drive to P.E. and spend the week there doing exchanges and stuff, then coming back. Then in a few weeks we will fly to East London and drive to Queenstown and Mthatha and do exchanges and what not for a week as well then come back. All the while doing leadership trainings. Busy busy busy...

 

Thank you so much for all of the support! I am glad that the family is all having fun and able to be together! Sounds like you are all busy and having a blast! I love you all and I'm so grateful for all of the support that I get from all of you! I wish I could email you sooner or send more pictures but I can't do that this week. I barely have time to send this email! Take care!

 

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment