Tuesday 12 March 2013

11th March 2013 Cape Town, Zone Leader.


 (No pictures today. My camera was dead all week. I didn't charge it...)


Goeie more!


I seriously can't believe I am emailing again! I was just here I swear!

As for going to the new developed mission... I have no idea! I am sure they would have announced that, but maybe they are going to surprise us! We’ll find out in July I guess. But for now I don't think that I'll go there...


I'm so jealous that you can go to the temple! I want to go to the temple ASAP when I get home! I miss it so much!!!


This week has been a nice one. A quick one though! Sheesh! We went skating on Monday! That was awesome! Elder Spencer (the only other Canadian in our mission from Saskatoon) and I were the best skaters there! It was hilarious! All the other missionaries kept saying, "Those Canadians! Of course they can skate, they are Canadian!" And honestly we aren't even that good at skating! But we had fun!


I was able to go on exchanges with a new missionary! That was fun! Also My companion, Elder Twitchell and I had to hold a Zone Meeting on Friday. It was on Praying with Faith, and it went very well! Church went well and a young man gave his farewell talk. He is going to Zimbabwe in Africa. Lately the ward has been focusing on missionary work, and I am really excited because I am hoping that as we work with the members, and church is focused on missionary work, that we'll be able to start getting some referrals from members and have the work push forward.


 I want to share a cool experience from yesterday.

We were following up on an investigator, but they weren't home, and as we were walking away from the apartment complex. A man playing soccer with his son outside greeted us and started to talk to us. He explained the struggle he was having with his work and how he was stressed because of how dangerous it is (a money carrier in those armored vehicles). Then he shared about his bad past and how now he is focusing his life on Jesus and giving it to Him.


 We shared with him our purpose and what we do, and he was so excited that he invited us into his house and wanted us to meet his family. So we went in and they continued to share with us their life stories. We were out of time (they talked a lot and were very excited) so we talked with them a little bit more about how our message can help them and arranged to come back to share in the week.


That was awesome for me for two reasons. I have been praying that I would be able to find a father-led family in our area and to be able to teach them. Also, this is the first white investigator that I have ever had. That was a powerful experience! I'm so excited to go back and teach them.


I have been focusing a lot on praying constantly in order to resist temptation and to progress in the work, and I have found, without fail, Heavenly Father answers every single one of my prayers! Even if I pray 50 times in the day.

Just an example…One time we were having a hard time holding appointments, so I just said a simple prayer that we would be able to find someone that we can help, and within a few minutes, a man walked up to our car telling us that his friend wanted us to come and visit him and teach him the gospel. That was awesome! I love it so much! I'm learning so much on this mission and I am so happy to be enlisted in this great work of Gathering Israel!


Thanks for all of the support from everybody! It would be so much harder for me if I didn't have the great support from back home! I love you all! Take luck!

-Elder Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment