Monday 3 September 2012

3rd Sept 2012 in Knysna in the Cape Town Mission South Africa

Hi Mom and Dad
I'm in South Africa!! Buyah!!! (Sorry I have to constantly remind myself of where I am and how lucky I am to be here and how much of a blessing it is to be on a Mission.) I have some awesome news that I will share farther down in my letter!
I love you both so much! I can't explain how awesome it is to have such supportive parents! (Oh what about that Kool-Aid Pie recipe?)
 Baboons we saw on the side of the road on the way to P.E,
Now let me share that we had an epic week! The work is still moving along great here in Knysna! Brother Julius got confirmed yesterday! Woot! He's awesome! And we have 4 of his family members with baptism dates for this month! Eric and Julius are powerful! It's amazing how when we baptize someone, we can just utilize that energy they have, and their testimonies of the gospel they have, and receive a lot of work! People to teach just seem to be flowing towards us!
 This is going to be an awesome environment to train a missionary in! WHAT?!?!? Did I just say train a missionary? What in the world am I talking about? But yes! It's true! This past week we were able to go to P.E. for a Multi-Zone conference, and we were able to receive training from Elder Cook! (Pictures)
 Elder Cook and Sister Cook with my companion and I
It was wonderful! I learnt alot from that conference, and it helped me have a self check. It was kind of a nice kick in the pants and gave me a great big boost to work harder and to be a better missionary! And it was much needed especially before I start training! What?!?! Why do I keep mentioning me training?
On a high bridge in between Knysna and P.E.
 Well after the conference was done, President Wood had me and 5 other missionaries go into another room, and 1.5 weeks early, he told us that we were all going to be training next transfer and that we would be staying in our areas! 20 new missionaries are coming in this transfer and I will be training one of them here in Knysna! So yes I will be here in Knysna for another 3 months, 6 months in total! So just before Christmas I will be transferred somewhere else... which is kind of a bummer, but I am super stoked! Since Knysna is a 2 man district, I will also be the District Leader! Ya it's a daunting task I have been given! But I'm really excited for it!
A guy driving while reading the newspaper.
 My companion doesn't know yet, so don't tell him! Just know that Life is great here in Africa! Had some really nice days! Apparently it’s supposed to be in the +30's this weekend. Summer here we come!
 I love you all! Take Luck!!! -Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment